Monday, August 4, 2014

Almost completed my 12 for 2014!

I promised myself to try to learn and play or run 12 new games each year.

I used to stick only to games of a certain company at a time.  I guess it was sort of a misplaced loyalty in believing that one game was better than all others.  But as I got older, I started to expand my horizons to try other games and discovered that a huge lot of them offered new experiences. Since then, I've embraced a personal commitment to expanding my horizons each year.


So my current list of new games so far has the following:
1) Demon the Descent
2) Spirit of the Century
3) Tremulus
4) Wicked Heroes
5) Storium games
6) Fiasco : The Search for the Golden Panda playkit
7) The Letter: Fiasco Medici playkit
8) Dresden Files
9) Doctor Who : Adventure in Time and Space
10) Cthulhutech*

*As of this post's writing, the session summary has not yet been written up.

That means two game systems to go!
Now suddenly it feels tense.  Do I choose two games, then for the rest of the year refrain from trying other games? Do I once again just go for it, and realize some of those games are not counted on this year's list, but can no longer be counted for the 12 new games from 2014?

Ah, Happy GM Problems indeed.

On the other end of the spectrum, I have yet to get back into writing my own games.  mem:RE, Muses and my gaming advice books are still not done.  August is here and I have to start churning out pages for my submission to Ben Woerner's The Sound of Water (the first expansion to Blood & Honor: A World of Dew).  And there's the worker-placement goblin game and the card-based dice encounter game that my boss, James wants me to finish.

And that's not even counting my normal work days expectations!
Life is grand!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...