Wednesday, April 4, 2018

April 05, 2018 #AprilTTRPGMaker 05: Favorite Game You've Worked On

April 05, 2018
#05: Favorite Game You've Worked On

Having worked on a number of projects so far, I will have to admit that the favorite game I've work on as of now would have to be my experience working with Ole Peder GiƦver and the gang for Itras By: Menagerie. While I had a fantastic time writing for other projects as well, such as for Ben Woerner's Blood and Honor, for Josh Jordan's Heroine, Alan Bahr's Cold Shadows (and more), Elizabeth Chaipraditkul's Witch: Fated Souls, John Wick's 7th Sea, and many others, writing up Imperia Manila was quite an experience. It was a heady mix of creative and editorial responsibility, with the opportunity to go crazy and find a way to make the Manila experience resonate with the surreal quality of Itras By. I loved being able to inject various mythological references, as well as have some shout-outs to other stuff such as Carlo Vergara's Zsazsa Zaturnnah to give it an old-meets-new feel. Thankfully, the reception to it has been quite remarkable.

On a related note, I've been invited locally to take part in an upcoming event called (AUTHOR)ities http://booksphilippines.gov.ph/9thpilfprogram/ to run demo games of Itras By: Menagerie to showcase the Manila Imperia setting. This feels like a huge thing for me cause it means a government-related event has just thought to feature tabletop RPGs as part of their event.  That is unheard of here in Manila!


I challenge ye, my dear fellow game makers, to answer my questions, on the corresponding day, this burgeoning April, and verily it shall be that ye shall be inspired by all makers around you and in this beautiful world henceforth. #AprilTTRPGMaker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...