Thursday, December 30, 2021

Goodbye 2021. That was not easy.

 No, 2021 was not a fun year for TAG Sessions. 

It was rough. It was triggering. It was very frustrating and very disheartening. But in the end, we survived it and that is what matters.  We reached new gamers and inspired many others, and that's what makes the effort worth it.

Too many times this year I nearly just threw away the brand and thought to just delete the stuff I've been working on.  But thankfully, Rocky was always there to remind me of why I love creating games.  And many friends were also there to help cheer me on, despite the fact too many instances hit me hard with anxiety attacks, panic moments, and just wanting to stop.

This was a year that I really am thankful to have survived.  A year I literally can be happy to still be here.

My annual 12 New Games Per Year Challenge was completed only because of the TAG Bites move of offering one-shots on Saturday mornings.  But we also did slowly consider expanding them to short-multi session arcs rather than just be limited to one shots.

1) Night's Black Agents: Dracula Dossier

2) Fairview
3) The Warren
4) Call of Cthulhu: Raid on Innsmouth
5) Praxis: The Witch
6) Praxis: Black Monk, Book 5
7) Cats of Cathulhu
8) Interstitial: Our Hearts Intertwined
9) Thirsty Sword Lesbians
10) Brindlewood Bay
11) 
The Expanse
12) Mage 20th Anniversary
13) Call of Cthulhu: Fragments of the King

Summaries for these sessions can be found in the TAG Sessions Facebook Group.  Know, though, that membership still requires answering the given questions just for making sure it stays a safe space for those who join.


Was able to share knowledge this year.

There was the Buwan ng Wika celebration where I gave a talk for a senior High School event focused on celebrating identity and language.  The ttheme was Pagkakakilanlan ng Pilipino: Muling Pagkabuhay ng Mga Puso at Isip. 

There was the UPLB Mathematical Sciences Society (UPLB MASS) where I was one of the webinar speakers for their 33rd Mathematical Sciences Week called unMASSk: A Webinar on Basic Game Development and Implementation.

There was the Astro Game Jam for CIIT (College of Arts and Technology) where some groups presented their game concepts for the theme, "Cosmos".  I really enjoyed seeing the gems that they presented there.

Guested in a friend's show, which was nice.  The Panel Show
with Josie Nicolas. Always nice to connect with people who appreciated my work.

There were a few other possible engagements, but out of fear of too much publicity, I opted not to participate instead.  I've gotten used to staying in a quieter area I guess.  Sometimes I even wonder if I should just stop using other socmed and just focus on my circle. Hay. Anyway.

Didn't get to be productive as much as I hoped this year. But thankfully, still released some stuff:


Released A Second Moment. Originally was meant to have a Kickstarter. Had a host of guest local writers and was supposed to have a roster of international writers and artwork.
Yeah. That's not what happened but still proud of it.

Had some 7th Sea novel+mechanics out.


Nine was my attempt to do a spy thing in the 7th Sea universe.




Eight is kinda like my take on a "Dial H for Hero" concept for 7th Sea.



Launched MODELS around March and it had such a tiny reception I was just happy to sell a few handfuls of copies, despite it being 230+ pages of mechanics, ideas, and story hooks.   

Had multiple false starts for various books including Diliman, Dreamscrapers, and even a rewrite attempt to make the most of the Once Upon a Time in Jianghu material I was working on in the previous years.  But yeah, barely found the heart to keep at it given the way things had gone in the previous years.   I still hope to finish them someday. Some how.

Finally there's these two babies.


Jovian Moon Deep was my attempt to write up an outerspace mystery for Call of Cthulhu the likes of Solaris and Europa Report.



ROUND6 was born after watching Squid Game but drew inspiration from stuff like Battle Royale and even The Gods Will It.

And one fiction book as I released
Book 3 of Sid's Real Life, my rom-com take on the Exalted universe.

And that is it.
Depressing when you compare it to what I had accomplished in the previous years. 
But at least I am still writing.
I am still alive.

See you next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...