Thursday, June 26, 2014

Inspiration: The Forest

Am I the only one who thinks this would be an incredible game to play?
I know I know this is a table top gaming but man this game is ripe for inspiration for horror games.  I can imagine this game being adapted with a system as simple as John Wick's Shauermarchen or one as crunchy as the World of Darkness rules.

The premise of The Forest is as follows:
As the lone survivor of a passenger jet crash, you find yourself in a mysterious forest battling to stay alive against a society of cannibalistic mutants. Build, explore, survive in this terrifying first person survival horror simulator.
The game has the working of a great one-shot night waiting to be run.  One can even have multiple players in a game like this.  While the actual game might allow the single person to build a massive fort and the like to protect himself, if the game's premise was ported onto a table top setting, I can imagine most players would freak out and focus instead on smaller easier to defend and abandon options.



I feel bad that the trailer gives too much away.  But for those who want to check it out, head on to Steam and watch the trailer right now:  http://store.steampowered.com/app/242760/  This is like Lost, Cannibal Holocaust and... a certain videogame I love mixed into one!  (See, I tried to tease rather than spoil it!)

I'm sorely tempted to support the game because I want to see its full release.  Alas, not for now.  Still recovering from a few financial blows I took. However, I do hope blogging about this game will at least help spread the word out on a cool concept that's coming out soon (I hope).

The Forest
Genre: Action, Adventure, Indie, Simulation, Early Access
Developer: Endnight Games Ltd
Publisher: Endnight Games Ltd

Games I'd use to run something like this:
John Wick's Schauermarchen
World of Darkness
Apocalypse World Engine: Monster of the Week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...