Monday, January 6, 2014

12 Games for 2014

I've decided to make it a yearly thing.

Each year, I will do my best to expose myself and run (or play in) a new game that's out there.  Last year, it all started in this post and I was happy to have accomplished it very early. I was able to try the following games last year: Houses of the Blooded: Wilderness, Fiasco, Our Best Last Hope, Blood and Honor, The Aegis Project, Wilderness of Mirrors, Kult, Castle Falkenstein, Dungeon World, World of Darkness: The God Machine Chronicle, Fate Accelerated Edition, Monster Hearts, Shadows of Esteren and Rocky's home-brewed The Gossamer Saga.   I actually was able to get into a few other game systems too (The 13th Age, Night's Black Agents, Legends of the Wulin, and Tremulus) but since those were done in the latter part of next year, I officially cannot count them as part of the games I've tried for 2014.

So yeah, here's to another set of 12 games to try this year.  There's no shortage of new stuff to get my hands dirty with and to be frank the bigger challenge is finding players who are willing to take a dip into a new pool of gaming experiences.

Will I succeed this year?  I absolutely have no doubt I will.
The challenge is to make sure each experience remains fun and memorable.

The list of games I want to run for the year should help push me in making that possible.

So let me know if you guys have any games you want someone to run for you.
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...