Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I hate the local net and my laptop

So I tried to run a game via Google Hangouts for the first time.

Sadly, it didn't go well.  The net connections here in the Philippines aren't nice enough to have the video feeds moving the whole time.  Then there's the issue of my laptop being so ancient that it was struggling to function well.

I will also have to admit that I was very conscious the whole time of the staring blue eye of the camera.  I guess I'm not that used to being in front of the camera, compared to being in front of people.  There's something disarming and unsettling about a camera eye staring at you.



There's a lot of crazy banter going on here too, which was fun. But man, I hate now NASAL I sound.  Geez.
But I really want to be able to run games online so I will have to find ways to do this better perhaps with the use of my partner, Rocky's tablet or my ipad in the future.

But man, starting at the 9 minute mark, we can already feel the lag moments starting to grow wider and wider.  Frustrating :-(

This is not the last time I'm trying this tough.  The first time might have been pathetic, but hey there's no where to go but up in the future, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...