Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Vampire 30-Day Challenge: Favorite Other Entity (Werewolf)

Vampire 30-Day Challenge: Favorite Other Entity (Werewolf)

I will admit I was never a huge fan of Werewolf.  I liked the concept, I adored the idea of the Triat and the concept of the Fomori. But I just felt the Werewolves were less about horror and more about super heroism and that admittedly turned me off.

But if I were to choose a Werewolf entity I liked, I would have to give the vote to the Fomori.  Heck, I even ran a few games based on them!  (Sadly only one got recorded.)  But the idea of playing ordinary folks who are irrevocably changed into these disgusting horrors that have awesome abilities was just too cool a concept to ignore.  Among the many stomach-wrenching powers I loved, my first vote will have to go to Stomach Pumper which allowed the player to launch disgusting juices at opponents.    A wicked second place goes to Savage Genitalia which just really was a homage to animated classics such as Urotsukidoji: The Legend of the Overfiend.  Finally, I will always adore the concept of Brain Eating.

The Fomori were disgusting and cruel and I loved how the write ups in the book of examples on how Pentex and its affiliates lured people into the corporation worked.  Granted, there was some concern over the supposed homophobic sections of the book, I found them personally to be appropriate given the book's context and theme.

The Fomori are monsters that truly explore the idea of humanity pushed to its brink.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...