Sunday, July 12, 2015

2015 Tally of 12 so far...

As of right now, it is July and I am pretty proud to say I've currently hit nine of the twelve game promise I started two years back. For those who are not familiar, I challenged myself to play or run at least 12 new games each year.  So far, this is my third year of embracing the challenge and if anything, it has allowed me gain so much new insight and ideas on game design and approaches.

The current tally includes:
1) End Of the World
2) Don't Rest Your Head
3) Fiasco: Bad Timing
4) Ryuutama
5) Roll20: Dungeon World
6) Bliss Stage
7) Companions
9) Apocalypse World

That means I am down to three to go for the year! 

Also, I recently found the courage to finally join this year's Game Chef and so far I'm hoping that my work was received well.  The challenge was definitely a fun experience and I do hope to take part in future challenges.  The game I wrote is called welcome to the EYEland and it sort of plays out like an odd Battle-Royale reality show game with a twist.  I have no idea how everyone else have found the game, but so far one review has come up (thank you Michael Wenman) and thankfully I didn't get that bad a score.

Those curious to see the review can check it out here: http://vulpinoid.blogspot.com/2015/07/game-chef-review-49-welcome-to-eyeland.html

The Gaming Seminars have taken a breather last month, however, and we hope to get them back on track this month.  I only have the problem of possibly not being available for the next one, which is sad cause of what we have in mind to make it more awesome.  Eventually, we do hope to actually make them feel more like mini-conventions, and who knows maybe eventually a convention event devoted completely to role-playing games might come to pass.

And of course, a tiny table top gaming moment of joy comes from Twitter.  Rocky is teasing me about how much I am fanboying over the fact I am occasionally in communication with my designer idols.   I threw Ignacy a joke about whether he would even travel to the Philippines to play board games with me.  To my shock, he actually replied: 


The internet has truly made so many "dreams" now so much more plausible and achievable.    Now... to get my own book out soon.  Sighs.  I really should.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...