Sunday, August 18, 2024

RPGaDAY 2024 : Day 19 : Sensational Session

      

RPGaDAY 2024 : Day 19 : Sensational Session 

For this one, I would have to bring back the story of our LACUNA: The Creation of Mystery and the Girl from Blue City campaign and how I prepped one game session to truly immerse the experience for the players.  Hours before the session, I prepped the room for the game.  I photoshopped and printed out all these different EYE images, hiding them behind cabinet doors and tucked onto shelves.  I recorded a video loop of my own eye flickering around before staring at the camera, then set the clip to play on the television set once needed.    Then I gathered a bunch of Christmas lights, taped them to the window in the shape of an eye, then covered it with a curtain.  Our group loved making games feel quite immersive, so I wanted to be able to deliver.

During the session, the Mystery Agents were warned that they were being watched.  And as we played through the session, I would occasionally stand up, walk to a shelf or cabinet, and reveal the eye.  More and more, as the session played, the players saw more and more eyeballs staring at them.  When one tried to contact Control for help, I switched on the eye on the screen, describing how every screen in the city now had that eye looking for them.  And finally, when they tried to Eject, their escape succeeded just as i hit the lights, light the Christmas lights, and revealed the glowing eye that was emerging from the very city facade. 

It was amazing.  The group had a dinner break and we were just absolutely jittery with the entire experience.   Gotta admit, I miss face to face games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...