Thursday, November 21, 2013

Vampire 30-Day Challenge: Favorite Other Entity (Mage)

Vampire 30-Day Challenge: Favorite Other Entity (Mage)

Magic has always had its allure and the temptation for greater power will always be there.  Unfortunately, while I loved the mage, I must admit to never really finding the Mage metaplot as interesting.  So I will confess to finding this question harder to answer.

So with out much choices to really choose from there's only one I can cite to represent the Mage I liked.  This would have to be Samuel Haight.  Yes, the infamous shinning example of what ambition and power gaming can bring you is the person I will have to mention here.  Why?  Given how encompassing the Mage line is, with a cosmology that crosses over Werewolf, a vital enemy that resonates with Changelings, a Sphere which renders Wraith their plaything and a history that locks fangs with Vampire, Samuel Haight for me epitomizes the darker and brighter aspects of Mage.

Samuel Haight teaches us to never let anyone else tell you what you can and can't do, then proceeds to complete the lesson by being the universe's biggest douche bag in all of metaplot history.

Thank the gods he ended up as an ashtray in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...