Monday, October 17, 2011

Desperate Heroes : d20

09/2005
Desperate Heroes
d20

We gathered at the Game Room to play a one-shot d20 game which I told my players was heavily inspired by Lord of the Ring's Helm's Deep situation and Dragonlance. But what I didn't tell them was that I was prepping two major twists in the plot: the first being that the enemy had actually already taken over quite some time ago, and the second being the way the heroes have been viewing non-humans... yes, I touched on racism in a role-playing game like d20.

This was Desperate Heroes.

The game was a blast with players begin forced to try different tactics as they faced off against the hordes of non-humans that were DEFENDING what they have long believed to already be their own home.

Admittedly, some times I find myself missing the tactical component that d20 games offers.  And the fact that killing a character honestly feels less... game-breaking compared to how it feels when you lose one in a storyteller game.

Having finished in the wee hours of the morning, we decided have a session of Uno Stacko (whose pieces we had lovingly used to map out our game).  It was a nice fun way to cap the game weekend.

Makes me wonder how those gamers are now.  Been a while since I've seen them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...